Healing Leaky Gut Syndrome
1. To re-balance gut bacteria, eliminate beans, grains, and sugars, including most fruit. Eat
primarily soups, (bone broths are ideal), fermented dairy (yogurt and kefir), free range eggs,
grass fed meats from organic grass-fed livestock and all the green vegetables you like.
2. Fermented Foods are a great way to re-populate the gut bacteria. Miso, kimchi, kombucha,
3. Take 1Tbsp organic raw tahini daily
4. Take 1 Tbsp organic coconut oil daily
5. Follow recipe below for real “Gell-O”. Eat several squares daily.
Real “GELL-O” Heals
Real ”Gell-O” made from protein collagen gelatin is incredibly healing to the lining of the gut. It
helps form collagen and contains the major amino acids lycine, glycine and proline shown to repair
the nervous system, the gut, hair, skin and nails. Gelatin can rehabilitate the gut by helping the body
make its own digestive enzymes—a crucial step in absorbing proteins, vitamins and minerals from
your food—and is very soothing to an agitated digestive tract.
The following recipe uses collagen protein gelatin from 100% organic, non-GMO grass fed cows.
Helps the body utilize proteins from other foods more fully
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
• One canister of Great Lakes unflavored Beef Gelatin (100% organic, non-GMO, grass-fed)
• Organic Stevia
• Herbal Tea Bags (your preference—some options are: herbal peach tea, black cherry,
tangerine, hibiscus, etc)
HOW TO MAKE GELL-O:
1) Boil 4 cups of water.
2) Add 3-4 tea bags; let tea bags steep for 4-5 minutes.
3) Take pot off burner and add one dropper full of stevia.
4) Sprinkle in 2 tablespoons of gelatin (the container says 1 tbsp. per 2 cups of water)
5) Let it dissolve a little, then stir it. A frother may work well to mix it better.
TIPS AND IDEAS:
– Eat a few squares per day.
– Freeze to make Gell-O Pops
– Put Gell-O in smoothies
– Mix in Yogurts, Applesauce for kids